Heads up REO Agents! As preferred Bank of America agents, we are responsible for ensuring that necessary precautions are taken to protect both customer and broker/agent information from the risk of exposure.
Non-public Information must NEVER be uploaded to Equator for REO properties. What is NPI???
NPI can include the information listed below:
- Social Security number – Tax Identification Number (TIN) is not NPI
- User ID/name/password
- Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Driver’s license numbers
- Bank checking/deposit account numbers (including bank routing number
- Credit/debit card numbers
- Copies of checks
- Proof of Funds letter with account numbers and account balances
- Bank statements
- FICO score
- Date of birth
- Medical records
- Credit reports
Our performance scorecard may be negatively impacted if you upload information to Equator containing items that are identified to be Non-Public Information (NPI).
The following actions will occur if you violate this policy:
- STRIKE 1: You will be notified of the offense by Bank of America and counseled on NPI policy.
- STRIKE 2: You will be placed on a watch list and new REO referrals will be suspended for 30 days.
- STRIKE 3: You will be immediately terminated.
For more information, visit the Bank of America Agent Resource Center or click [here] for REO Application info.
Follow us on Facebook for REO updates, new listings, coming soon listings, REO tips and more…